Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 10: whole 30 challenge

Today was the first time since I started the whole 30 that I went an eating binge.   It started with getting a smoothie.  Smoothies are technical no-no (kind of like pancakes)  Nick and I were out shopping and I decided I wanted a treat.  I ordered a smoothie that was mango, pineapple, ice and water.  Its actually really difficult to order a smoothie without added sugar.  At Tropical smoothie they use a lot of fruit concentrates with added sugar.  When I got home I kept eating.  I ate chicken salad and avocado for dinner.  Then I snacked on some pomegranate seeds.  Then I ate a piece of bacon, some mixed nuts, and grapes.  Needless to say I wasn't hungry for all that food and I woke up the next morning with a sour stomach.  It wasn't as bad as one of my normal eating binges but still a lesson learned.

Breakfast: fried eggs and sweet potato hash (this is becoming a weekend staple for us)
Lunch: seafood salad at my favorite Greek restaurant
Dinner: chicken salad and avocado

As I wrote what I ate for lunch it hit me that is probably where my eating binge started.  I did miss the feta cheese and pita bread.  I think that stirred up a case of "the wants".

No comments:

Post a Comment