Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 4: whole 30 challenge

Today was definitely the hardest.  I stayed up till 2 a.m. trying to get all the cooking done for the week.  My failproof recipe for mayonaise turned out broken.   I put too much liquid in the food processor and spilled it everywhere. I tried to use the food processor to cut up meat and accidentally made puree.   My mini quiches turned out this strange shade of green.  I was beyond frustrated.  For the rest of the day I was thinking "why am I doing this again?" 
The day wasn't a total loss.  Nick and I found some cool tools at Costco to help us with our new lifestyle.  My favorite are the water pitchers with the infusing tube to make flavored water.
Breakfast: Fried eggs and sweet potato hash
Lunch: chicken salad
Dinner: bacon wrapped roast and carrots

1 comment:

  1. Why do you have to cook for the entire week? Can you explain the diet/process a little?

    ReplyDelete