Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 9: whole 30 challenge

Today was another stressful day at work and I found myself craving sweets.  Someone left a packet of French caramels in the lounge and it was very difficult not to try one.  After lunch I was sitting at the computer and snacking on mixed nuts and dried apricots when I wasn't hungry.  One of the good things about this diet is that food doesn't taste satisfying when I'm already full.  I ate a little bit too much but I stopped pretty fast.  When I came home I was exhausted and nothing sounded good for dinner.  I ended up taking a nap and felt renewed.  The deconstructed pizza meal that I had planned to make didn't even sound good so I made steak instead.  Tonight was the perfect example of how delicious simple food can be.  I grilled my steak in butter with seasoned salt.  The butternut squash was cooked in butter and salt.  The green beans were made with butter salt pepper and garlic.

Breakfast: Grapefruit, Bacon, fried eggs and spinach
Lunch: roast beef lettuce wrap, chicken broth, mixed nuts, dried apricots and a clementine
Dinner: steak, butternut squash and green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment